Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Happy June everyone! I seriously cannot believe its June already! Crajeeeee. I had today off because it was election day. I was pretty much ready for all the campaigning to stop. Its very loud and obnoxious. They all have big talking TV trucks blaring loud music. People stand in rows dancing, waving, and bowing to everyone walking by (not to foreigners, we can't vote). Seriously, there was a line of people bowing outside the mall and when Abby and I walked by they stopped:( Its nothing like campaigning in America. They have numbers, which one of my korean coworkers told me sort of represents their party. Number 3 gave me his card at dinner the other night (he thought i was korean) so i'm rooting for him.
So like I said, I had the day off. It was a really nice day outside, so after straightening my apt a little, I took a book up to the roof. I love my roof! Abby had to work, so Kristina and I met up with her after she got off for dinner and shopping by Bucheon station. We went for ice cream before heading home, where a REALLY drunk girl gave us her roses. I was sure she was going to drop her ice cream on me, but she didn't.
Back to my roof, last weekend we spent all Saturday up there. Abby's boyscout friend Stephen even set up his hammock, which he had worn as a toga the night before. Toga night=so much fun! Anyway, we barbecued on the roof that night. Abby and Kristina brought their dogs to run around and play and Abby and Stephen, cooked for us. We started out on Abby's roof, but the security guard wanted to lock the door and he made us leave, so we crossed the little bridge connecting our roofs and went to my building. The little security guard came out over there too, but im pretty sure he was just telling us to clean up our mess.
Sunday was Costco mission day. I don't think I've ever seen it that crowded. The experience of Costco in Korea is similar to being stuck in traffic. There was a line and traffic control to get down the escalator. We got a table in the food court right away though.
I guess it's about bedtime, I have work tomorrow. I think they should give us the day off every Wednesday. Maybe, if elected, number 3 will make that a rule. 2 more days til the weekend:)

2 comments:

Sherry said...

Winston told me yesterday that the Korean way of campaigning is pretty much the way it is in the most of the world. Interesting. I hope the right people got elected. I certainly can see how #3 thought you were Korean. Sounds like he has really good judgment.

Thanks for the blog! Love you!

Katie Axelson said...

Haha- to your mom's comment about #3. :-)

I'm glad Korean campaining is almost over, for your sake.

That's so cool about the roofs!