Thursday, September 9, 2010

I can't believe it's been almost a month since I've posted! oops! I never posted about my birthday, so I'll start there. My birthday was on a tuesday (the 24th) so we decided to celebrate the saturday before. Abby and I went with Kristina to her family's house in Gangwando, which is like out in the country. Houses are rare where we live. Everybody lives in apartments, so it was different to be in an actual house. We barbecued outside by a little stream. It was really nice (minus all the bugs). The food was delicious. I love Kristina's family. Her aunts and uncles are really funny, and her little cousins are so cute. We got to give 2 of them English names...Tom and Jerry. Kristina's family sang happy birthday to me too many times to count. They sang when we cut the watermelon and her uncle makes this raspberry soju wine. Every time we drank, he would start singing for me. hahaha We were sad to say goodbye:( We went home to rest for a very short time before heading to hongdae. We went to On the Border for (finally) a real birthday. Abby and Kristina wanted had been trying to find Hello Kitty cupcakes for me, but as much Hello Kitty as there is in this country, they had no luck. Abby bought cupcakes, scraped off the icing, and re-did them with Hello Kitty. They turned out really cute!

We had a fun night in Hongdae, ending with wii at Jane's Groove. We've been trying to find a wii cafe in bucheon, but no luck yet:(
Of course we had to celebrate again on my actual birthday. We went to a little italian place for dinner. Abby and Kristina got me a baskin robins walrus ice cream cake. It was really yummy! We went to The Park after that, and then we did sticker pictures!


That next weekend was Steven's birthday, Kristina's Korea 2 year anniversary, and Tom's last weekend. We celebrated Steven's birthday Friday night. He came to Bucheon. Saturday, we went to Incheon for Tom's going away party. We'd never really seen much of Incheon. There's a big foreigner group there.
This past weekend was more of just a low key weekend. We did go to the Hamilton hotel in Itaewon on Sunday because it's one of the few outdoor pools in korea where you don't have to wear a swimcap. We were a little disappointed. It was $16 to get in and $12 more if you wanted a chair (which we didn't get because there weren't even 3 together). There wasn't even room to spread out our towels on the ground together. It was really crowded. When we first got there, it was sunny, but as soon as we finished our Quiznos, it clouded up. We were in the pool 10, maybe 20 minutes and it started raining. We eventually gave up and left and went to What the Book. We decided to go to Hooters for dinner. My first time going to Hooters. hahaha. The food was good, but pretty expensive.
Everything's going pretty good at school. My partner teacher is having heart surgery, so he's out for the month. I'm taking an extra class, but they are good so I don't really mind. We have chuseok (korean thanksgiving) in 2 weeks. We were just getting tues-thurs off, but they decided to give us friday. I wish we had somewhere cool we could go, but we waited too late to get tickets. Abby's mom is coming, and neither of them have friday off. Kristina and I might try to do Seoraksan, but its so hard to plan things with the weather now. It's been raining a lot. We want to go to Everland and Caribbean Bay (the water park) too. Summer's almost over! I'm so sad:( Fall is going to fly by, and then evil winter will be here :(

4 comments:

Katie Axelson said...

Glad to hear things are going well! And I'm glad you had a birthday party with Hello Kitty cupcakes. :-)

<>< Katie

Anonymous said...

Hi, nice blog. I am working on a forum to make blogs more visible. If you want more visitors, why not join.
http://homepage.forumotions.com/
It is free, why not take a look.
See you there.

Unknown said...

click here
click here
click here
click here
تنظيف منازل بالرياض
شركات نقل الاثاث الرياض
شركة تنظيف الموكيت بالرياض
تنظيف فلل
تنظيف خزانات بجدة
شركات تنظيف خزانات الرياض
شركة تنظيف خزانات
شركات نظافة بالرياض
شركه نظافه في جدة
شركات مكافحة الحشرات جدة
شركة مكافحة حشرات بجدة

pepto for nausea said...

This is such an interesting blog. You are very knowledgeable about this subject.