Tuesday, December 30, 2008

ok lets see if i can remember everything from last week.
Tuesday I got to go on another field trip:) We went to the "Funny Museum"...yeah thats what it was called. It was fun. There was a lot for the kids to do. One of my favorite parts was when they let the kids stand in this circle and they lifted a ring up around them putting them inside a giant bubble!

Wednesday, we had a Christmas party at school. We don't have the same kids all day. They rotate out, so we had 3 potluck parties=lots of food. I made cooked apples. I was very proud of myself:) My apt still smelled like cinnamon when I got home too. But anyway, with the younger kids, we made santa hats and each kid got to decorate their own cake...pretty cool!
This is Betty. She dressed up as a princess for Christmas. Apparently, even though she was the only kid in a costume, it isn't unusual to do this in Korea.

I made my own cake too and took it home. It was digusting. The icing was kinda like marshmellowy whipped cream. Oh well, it was fun:) The older kids had a "spelling bee competition." It wasn't really a spelling bee. It was other questions too and the winners got prizes. So we had to do that twice.
That night after work I went to Kristina's. Abby came too and the 3 of us had a slumber party. We watched Christmas movies, fell asleep kinda early, and exchanged gifts Christmas morning. It was weird to not be with family, but it was nice to not wake up alone on Christmas morning and we had fun! Kristina had to pack for Hawaii, but Abby and I went to a brunch at another Christina's house. There were a lot of people there from church. It was really good. We had french toast, bacon, eggs, ham, etc. Later that night after Kristina left, Abby and I went to Outback for Christmas dinner. It was very yummy:) We also made a friend at the Korean market:

Friday I had to work:( The day went a lot faster than Wednesday though. We had a Christmas dinner with school that night. We went to this nice buffet place. This was the whole school this time. Not just the English department. I had my first experience with Korean karoke. No, I didn't sing in case you were wondering. They tried their best to make me.
Saturday, Abby and I wanted to go hiking on this mountain (forget the name) to see a waterfall. We finally got there to find that the waterfall was turned off for the winter:( We thought the mountain was closed at first and we werent all that disappointed about that cause it was really cold and neither of us wanted to go hiking if we couldn't see a waterfall.
We later found the mountain wasn't closed, but we decided to pretend it was and we went to Children's Grand Park instead. I don't know if it was because it was winter or late or what, but there wasnt a whole lot to the park. a lot seemed to be closed. we did get to see some animals including horses, goats, and lions! We decided to head to Costco for pizza and chicken bakes after that. Yay for Costco!
Sunday I was supposed to meet Mark at the subway station and we were going to go to church together, but he just moved to a different army base and he underestimated how long it would take him to get there...by about 2 hours! so we missed church. Abby came to meet us at the subway station after church and the 3 of us went to Itaewon. Itaewon is like where all the tourists go. There were soooo many foreigners there. They had lots of souvenier shops so I did a little Christmas shopping. They also had a Quiznos! So guess where we ate...


Do we look Korean?

Monday was the beginning of my week off...so what exciting fun things did I do? I did absolutely nothing! I did a little cleaning actually, but other than that I was pretty lazy all day:) Then today I went shopping. I went to this underground market place. It was huge! It was mostly clothes, shoes, purses. It went on forever. After that I went to COEX Mall, which is a really huge mall. I didn't buy a thing, but I enjoyed walking around. Oh, and random thing that happened on the subway. There was this guy in a motorized wheelchair with toothbrushes and papers he was handing out. Well, he rode his wheelchair up and down the subway giving them to random people. He skipped me:( I guess he figured I couldn't read his Korean paper. Anyway, a few minutes later he comes back and takes them away again...both the toothbrushes and the papers. I dunno what that was all about.
So, yeah that was pretty much my week. Tomorrow I'm gonna go to Seoul with Abby. Should be fun...will post about it later:) Happy New Year to all my readers!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the blog. What is your new friend's name? And sorry, but no you don't look Korean.

Anonymous said...

oh jen i am so jealous i wish i could of had such an adventure when i was your age... it sounds like so much fun..thanks for the info have a happy new year. im sure your us old fokes will be asleep before midnight. we dont have any plans maybe your mom and dad will go to bonefish with us and the rest of the world..love you

JazzyAbby said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
xccc said...

What are the indicators of global recognition of persons in this modern world? Not surprisingly, numbers of followers to the Twitter account is truly a firm indication in today.
buy twitter follow