Thursday, December 4, 2008

Ice Cream Adventure With Mr. Fishy

Ok, I know it's been a while since my last ice cream post, but this one has to be the most interesting yet. Meet Mr. Fishy:
I was a little nervous about what ice cream shaped like a fish would taste like. I assumed the brown stuff in the middle was chocolate and the little round things were some sort of nut, but you never can tell. Sometimes there some english, but not on the fishy ice cream. I had to buy it though. I was thinking of you really. My blog readers just had to know about Korean fishy ice cream. Anyway the outside was like the ice cream cone, which I think is a pretty good idea. It's less messy. Take a look at the inside...

No, it wasn't chocolate. It wasn't bad. I couldn't really tell what it was. It kinda looked like jam, but didn't taste fruity or anything. So I used the babelfish online translator, which isn't super reliable, but from what I can gather, it was some sort of red bean stuff? maybe? I dunno, like I said, it wasn't bad and at least it didn't taste like fish!

In other news, we had a story telling presentation today with the morning kindergarden kids. They've been practicing for quite a while. All their parents came to watch. The kindergarden is divided into 3 groups. Amber is the youngest class, then Jade, then Ruby. Each kid in Jade and Ruby class memorized a short story to tell. They also sang a few songs as groups. They all did really well. Natalia, Michael, and I also had to introduce ourselves which was a little scary. It went ok though.
So the 3 of us went out for lunch today and we walked by this older woman. She said "hallelujah!" and turned around and stopped us. She started pulling all this stuff out of her purse to give us. She gave us these brohcures (all in korean), some candy that tasted like popcorn, and natalia got tissues. She kept talking in Korean, but we caught a couple more hallelujahs and Jesus Christs. It was very interesting. It seems like there are a lot of Christians like that in Korea. She seemed like a sweet woman, but I think it kinda turns a lot of people off toward Christianity...

No comments: