Wednesday, March 25, 2009

So one of my students today said to me, "Teacher! Your voice is much louder this year than it was last year!" haha I dunno if it's true or not, but it made me laugh a little bit:)
Another student story (not a funny one):
Some of my classes have to write in diaries that they turn into me every day. One girl, who I think is actually one of my prettiest students, wrote about how ugly she thinks she is because her skin is dark and her nose is round. She said she was going to get plastic surgery on her nose when she gets older. I thought it was really sad:(
I don't know if you guys have noticed but I added a Korean word of the day thing to my blog. I'm not too crazy about the words it picks, but I though you guys could learn some Korean with me! So maybe I'll try to throw in some Korean every time I post on here. Korean of the day: 코피 pronounced Ko Pee. It means bloody nose (Ko=nose, Pee=blood). I've had a couple of kids with bloody noses since I have learned this, one this week actually. The kids were impressed that I new how to say this:)
By the way, its my mommy's birthday tomorrow. I know somebody wants to buy her a plane ticket to Korea so she can visit me! Miss u mommyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for another blog so soon. So I wonder if you are getting louder. I hope you will be able to encourage the girl that thinks she's ugly. That's really sad. It just goes to show that we all struggle with things about ourselves. I'll pray for her.

If someone buys me a ticket, I come see you. I miss you too!!!!

JazzyAbby said...

I think you've gotten louder too! lol... Ypou spend too much time with me... hehe.. Happy Birthday Jennifer's mom!

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Abby.

Jenn said...

Really? I dont feel like I've gotten louder. I mean maybe sometimes in the classroom just cause I have to be.

Katie Axelson said...

Happy bithday, Mommy Simpson!

Sherry (Jen's Mom) said...

Thanks, Katie