Saturday, May 1, 2010

Pencil Cases and Birthdays


One of the many cool pencil cases available in Korea. On one side a piano (you have to blow into the pipe thing while playing), the other side holds your pencils.
I guess I'm behind a couple weeks on posting. Since posting last time, I got another cell phone. I ended up going to Itaewon to get it because my coworker Mario knew a place there. They spoke English and I was able to get a used phone for a good price. We (Mario, Abby, Rachel, my other coworker Stephanie, and I) went to a Greek place for lunch, had coffee, and visited our friend the dvd man. We picked up Quiznos before heading home to bring to Kristina's house. Her cousin, Wonji, who we hadn't seen in a long time was there visiting, so we hung out there for a while.
Sunday, Kristina, Abby, and I went to Yeouido to see the cherry blossoms. It was kinda cloudy, but at least it wasn't cold. We even rented bikes and rode around for a while. That was a little scary with so many other people on bikes, but we managed to avoid any accidents.
Last weekend was Kristina's mom's birthday weekend. Saturday we went shopping in Namdaemun and Myeongdong. Sunday we went to an all you can eat bbq place in Yeokgok with her family. It was a lot of fun. I love Kristina's family, plus the food was really good.
Abby and I brought an ice cream cake.
Digging in Korean-style. Who needs a knife? Everybody grab a spoon!

This week at school has been pretty laid back. We had monthly tests plus a speech contest thing, so not so much teaching. Other than having to do report cards, next week should be pretty calm too. Wednesday is Children's Day, so activities Tuesday and no class Wednesday. Abby, Kristina, and I plan to go to the aquarium at Coex that day. This weekend, not a whole lot going on. Going to make another attempt at the Hello Kitty Cafe in Hongdae tomorrow! <3

1 comment:

Katie Axelson said...

Note to self: be the first to "dig-in" Korean style otherwise you won't get any because of the germs...

<>< Katie