Monday, January 12, 2009

Trip to Hongdae

Last week was such a long week. I was so glad when Friday finally got here. I literally went home right after work and did absolutely nothing. I think I watched one of the movies I got for Christmas. I made plans with Kristina to go to Hongdae Saturday night. We went to a place called Bar Sensation cause a guy from church was gonna be performing there. Even though we had directions it was interesting trying to find it. We ran into a few other people along the way trying to find the same place. We did eventually find it, but we never saw those people so I think they gave up. There were soooo many foreigners there. You could easily forget you were in Korea. It was kinda like Itaewon with all the foreigners, but I think Hongdae had more to do and it seemed less dirty. There's like an art university there that I guess is pretty big. Anyway, I think we left Bar Sensation around 2 and after walking around for a few minutes trying to figure out where we were, we finally found the 7-11 that had been in our directions for getting there. we stopped in there for a snack. we stood by the window eating our food and waving at the people walking by. that was fun:) we got a ride home from some friends so we didn't have to pay for a cab, so that was nice. it was like 4 something when i got home so i went straight to bed. sunday i went to church. We found out the pastor would be leaving soon so that's a little sad. Hopefully they will find someone to replace him. After church I went with Kristina and her mom to their apartment for dinner. On the way there I saw a korean girl wearing a Carolina blue sweatshirt that said Charlotte on it. Wish I had gotten a picture:( Anyway, Kristina's mom made fettucine alfrado with breaded chicken. It was really good! I came back home and went to bed early, but it's monday and I'm tired anyway:( It's really cold too. I think the high today is like 20 degrees. sooooo ready for spring!
In other news, I am now 24 years old. In Korea you are considered one year old when you are born and you turn another year older every Jan. 1st instead of on your birthday. So a baby born in december would already be 2 years old! So I have aged 3 years in the past 6 months! I turned 22 in August, 23 when I came here in October, and now that it's January I'm 24.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks again.

Amber said...

24...haha...AHH YOU ARE OLD :) :)

love and miss you