Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Lunar New Year break

Monday was the Lunar New Year so I had Monday and Tuesday off. We had a little party at school last Thursday which meant the teachers got to wear the traditional Korean hanbok! I was so excited! We played a traditional game called Yut, made traditional candy, and learned to bow. It was fun.

Friday after work I went out to dinner with Abby, Kristina, and Michael at VIPS. It was very good. After that we went to rhythm and booze for a while. Saturday we decided to go to Myeong Dong cause there's a Forever 21 there. So that was the 4 of us plus Kristina's mom and brother. We shopped and went to a really good italian place for lunch. We got to see some really pretty lights...and some turtles:)

Sunday was church, snow angels, then more shopping at Bupyeong station. That was just me, abby, and michael cause Kristina had korean family stuff. Dont make fun of my snow angel, k?

We went to Outback for dinner...always yummy. Monday I went to lunch with my boss's family. They invited me, Michael, and Natalia cause they felt bad that we had no family to celebrate the holiday with, but Natalia was sick. We went to a really nice hotel in Incheon. The food was really good. After that I went to Itaewon with Kristina, Abby, and this guy Nick that we met a while back. Quiznos for dinner (thats a given) and a few other places. Tuesday we decided to go to a palace--Changdeokgung Palace. We thought there would be some sort of New Year festivities or something, but there werent. It was still cool though even if all the buildings kinda looked the same after a while. There was supposed to be a secret garden that is one of the "most enchanting places in Korea," but I'm thinking maybe that's only in the spring cause I didnt see anything like that even though I spent the majority of the day searching for it.

We decided to continue with our Koreaness and go to a Korean barbeque place for dinner with Kristina's mom and brother. It was a lot like the sam gyup sal place, but they had more kinds of meat to choose from. Same cook it on the table in front of you kind of deal though. It was very good.

I got home pretty early, but my sleep schedule might be a little off cause I didnt sleep great and I was really tired today. I'm happy though cause I keep thinking its monday and then its not! Its Wednesday! I mean the week is already halfway over! K, that's all for now. Comment people! It makes me sad to write these blogs and not get any comments:(

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jen,

We love your blogs even though they're not as frequent as some of us would like. Did you try all of the weird ice creams already? Guess you'll have to go back to the palace in the spring and find that garden.

JazzyAbby said...

I agree with your mom.... You don't blog enough.... You know I love to hear about all of your adventures... even though I'm usually there too... This weekend was a BLAST! I had sooooo much fun (Maybe too much fun because i was soooo tired today at work..)Guess what! When you read this it will already be Thursday! Thank goodness! I can't wait till Saturday!!!

Unknown said...

Hi Jen,
I'm a friend of your Mom's from way, way back! I'm also McKenzie Miller's aunt.
Anyway - i look so forward to every post. Though i dont really know you - I am so proud of you and the courage & strength you have to go to a different country. Happy Late Birthday!

Anonymous said...

hey jen dont stop posting your blogs i promise to write more comments. love to hear everything you are doing. it sounds like so much fun. i am still jealous. thanks for the comment about krissy. your mom and dad was a big help... i love your pictures and am glad you are having fun ...you are awesome

Anonymous said...

it didnt put my name its me debbie i will try again to post my comment correctly

Jenn said...

thanks guys! dont worry, I wont stop posting and i'll try to write more often.