Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Guess I have a little to catch you guys up on. I wish I was better at posting more often cause trying to remember stuff is no fun.
Last week was Natalia's last week:( We had a goodbye dinner for her/welcoming dinner for Michael K teacher wednesday night. We went to this place that was really out in the middle of nowhere. They grew a lot of their own vegetables right there. The restaurant was really cute and the food was amazing.

I don't even remember how many different courses they brought out. A lot of the food had flowers in it, which was cool. They told us the kimchi was 3 years old. It was really good...the best kimchi I've had here.

I'm trying to be more open about trying new foods, and I would say I've done pretty good, but there was no way I was eating this fish.

Friday we had children's day activities at school. We had an obstacle course, twister, and other games for the kids. I helped with the obstacle course all day. It was fun, but the day seemed really long.
Friday night a few of us went out again for another goodbye Natalia dinner. We went to TGI Fridays, then I had my first noraebang (norae=song, bang=room) experience. Karaoke, but you pay to use a private room with just your friends. No, I didn't sing, but it was fun.
Saturday I was supposed to go on a culture trip with my Korean class, but it was rainy so I stayed home and didn't do much. Sunday I went to church then Costco trip with Kristina and her mom. They really need to put a Costco in Bucheon!
Monday the teachers performed Sleeping Beauty for the kids for children's day. Don't ask me why it wasn't the kids who had to do the play. I was the good fairy, not too many lines and I got to have a wand. After the play we went outside to play with bubbles, etc.

Tuesday actually was children's day, which is pretty big here. Banks and a lot of other places were closed...and no school! Yay! Abby's mom is here and they were staying at the Marriott in Seoul so Kristina, Katie, and I went to stay with them. It was really nice. We enjoyed using the hot tub and pool plus free western style breakfast! We went to On The Border for lunch to celebrate Cinco de Mayo/Children's day/Katie's birthday (yes, a real birthday). The food was really good:)

We walked around Coex mall a little before making the long journey home.
The weather is soooo nice now by the way. I'm loving it! It was sad to have to go back to school today, but its almost thursday already even though it feels like a monday! yay:)

3 comments:

Daddy said...

I wouldn't have eaten the fish either. They look like they're 3 years old like the kimchi stuff.

Mommy said...

I loved your blog. Do you remember how to get to the restaurant in the middle of nowhere? You might have to take me there someday.

Jenn said...

Daddy,
I think thats just cause its a bad picture and kinda blurry

Mommy,
Don't know how to get there, but when Michael's mom came that's where Mrs. Park took them so come visit me and she might take u there too!