Monday, May 18, 2009

Last Friday was teacher's day:) I got a lot of handmade soaps, chocolate, candy, cards, etc. It was like Christmas! We also got another new teacher Friday. Joe from England. He seems pretty nice.
It rained all day saturday, but it was still a fun yet relaxing day. Korean class in the morning followed by lunch at this little italian place Kristina, Abby, and I found. We decided to just relax and study Korean in a nice cafe we found nearby. We split chocolate cake, tiramisu, and gelatto.

Yum! After hanging out there for a few hours we went to the mall to do a little shopping and check out a hair place someone recommended. We just wanted to see about coming the next day for haircuts, but the guy also styled all our hair for free:)

Later we went to a Korean bbq place for dinner. We decided to try out a DVD bang(room), which is a place where you go to watch movies, but you get a private room. We watched Meet the Parents. Sad news: I left my umbrella in the cab that took me home:( That's 3 umbrellas I've lost here. I only have one left and of course its the ugliest one.
Sunday I went to church then we went to get our hair cut. The place was really nice. He did treatment, washed, and cut our hair for only 18,000 won. I'm happy with my hair.

Ok, so today one of my kids gave me this note she wrote. Its about a book we just started using (TOFEL) in her class that's pretty hard. I thought it was kinda funny so I thought I'd share.

Hey Jennifer Teacher!
To: Jennifer Teacher
Hello! I'm Cindy. You know I said that TOFEL is very hard and its my enemy champion! But you said we can do it. I think you know like I hate TOFEL and hate my Tuesday and Thursday. But you know sometimes I like TOFEL a little bit and sometimes a lot. Do you think I could understand and could stop being the enemy of TOFEL? I think I could do it. Can you help us being good to TOFEL? I wish you do so you know that I like you and hate or like TOFEL a bit. But you always know that TOFEL isn't the one book I hate. I hate Grammer what I do in Monday, Wensday, and Friday. I wish that I could not do one of them. (TOFEL or Grammer) What could I do?

haha I dont like that book either.
Completely random sidenote: Korean's make a big deal about blood type and what it means about your personality. Correct me if I'm wrong mom, but I think I'm type A.

Type A: Obedient, careful, sympathetic, polite, honest, loyal, self-sacrificing, tend to avoid confrontation and are uncomfortable around people. Shy, withdrawn and they never feel like they fit in. They are very considerate of everything, hesitant to change, can be indecisive. They are very creative and the most artistic.

haha ok that is all.

4 comments:

Mom said...

You indecisive. I think not. haha. You are type A. So you lost your monogrammed umbrella. Sadness. Like the haircut. Love the note but it's a little hard to understand. Is that how you teach english?

Jenn said...

cindy is in the highest level class i teach...probably one of the smartest kids at the school! and yeah the umbrella bucket at school ate my monogrammed umbrella and another one a while back:(

Mommy said...

you mean someone took your monogrammed umbrella?

Jenn said...

i dunno. i just know that bucket eats umbrellas like the dryer eats socks...but i dont have to worry about that since i dont have a dryer