Monday, July 6, 2009

I hope everyone had a nice 4th of July:) It was a little weird to celebrate in Korea, but it was a fun day. Let me back up to Seoul Land cause I'm a slacker and still haven't posted about that. I went with Abby, her friend Esther, Katie and Kristina. We had soooooo much fun:) We got there around 1 I think and stayed til it closed at like 10. It was a really nice day. A little hot, but there were misting things everywhere, plus little kids running around with water guns. They seemed to have a "Shoot the Foreigner" game going on too. There was also this really cool thing called water wars, which is a thing set up for you to shoot water balloons at your friends with a giant slingshot. Fun! I didn't ride any roller coasters (unless you count the baby Christmas one). I almost got talked into riding one because they tried to tell me it didn't go upside down, but it was called double loop or something like that. I may be blonde, but I'm not a complete idiot! haha. I did end up riding an upside down ride (I knew it was gonna go upside down too). It wasn't that bad. You guys would be proud. The lines for the rides were surprisingly short. I don't know why. It was a really nice day.
Sunday, I went with Abby and Esther to see Seodaemun Prison, which was a prison the Japanese used when they invaded. It was quite disturbing. I have no desire to go back. After that, we headed to Myeong dong cause we wanted California Pizza Kitchen. Then we did a little shopping and headed home.
Reading these blogs I guess it does kinda just sound like I'm on a long vacation cause I guess I don't talk much about work. School's going pretty well. I have one class that kinda makes me want to scream. They're kindergarteners and most of them are on a really low level. There's 9 of them, which is the biggest class I have. Some of them are pretty good, but there are 2 boys that I just don't know what to do with. One seems to be off in lala land all the time. He sits there and makes weird noises, occassionally screaming (not angry screaming, he always looks happy), and he hardly responds at all when you speak to him. The other one has SOOO much energy. Getting him to stay in his chair for 2 seconds is a big accomplishment. Most of my other classes are going well. The kids are so cute and I really need to start writing down some of the stuff they say!
Saturday, as you know, was the 4th of July, so Friday after work I went to Costco with Kristina, Katie, and Abby to stock up on food. Kristina and I made the hamburgers so they would be ready to cook the next day. Making hamburgers is fun! I can't believe I've never done it before. We had the meat in frying pans sitting on Abby's floor. It was like playing with play-doh. I made a Hello Kitty, an angel (it was the only cookie cutter Abby had), and a firework. Kristina made some...interesting ones too. Saturday, a big group of us had a bbq in the park, which is apparently illegal. It was the 4 of us plus Joe, Michael, and a couple of Kristina's coworkers, Carissa and Sarah. After we started the grill, we had several Koreans come up to yell at us. Abby and Carissa, who were the ones cooking, somehow managed to make us all burgers though:) It was a really nice day, so after lunch we just relaxed in the park. Abby, Joe, and I went to rent this really cool bicycle-like thing. We took turns riding that around the park. It rained a little, but the sun was still shining and it was kind of refreshing. It felt like the 4th of July to me. That night, Katie, Kristina, Abby, and I went out for Korean bbq. Yum! Then we played with FIREWORKS! Yay! It was funny cause we got yelled at so much for cooking in the park, but not one person cared about our fireworks. Even the man I shot with a firework was laughing (it didn't hit him). We went to rhythm and booze for a little while, then more fireworks. Fun times:)
Sunday, wasn't a super-eventful day. I went to church, then we ended up at Kristina's to cook our leftover hamburgers and watch a movie. It was a nice, relaxing way to end the weekend. Not too much exciting happened today. Just another monday. This weekend I'm going to a mud festival thing, so that should be fun!
k, well this is getting kinda long and i'm out of stuff to write about so im gonna say goodnight!

4 comments:

Sherry said...

Well, I didn't read Mamaw and Papaw your blog because I didn't know it was up. But I did tell them about you shooting the Korean with the firework. They couldn't believe it. They think eating kimchi has made you do things you wouldn't otherwise do. They said to be sure to tell you it gave them a big laugh.

Anyway, thanks for the blog. Love you!

Jenn said...

ok, its not like i shot the guy on purpose! i'd just never shot one of those fireworks before and i didn't have it aimed high enough!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting.. Abby has slowed down a bit and I have to watch yours to know what's going on in her life as well. Have fun at the mud festival. I guess that is why I can't get a hold of abby...

ABBY'S MOM

JazzyAbby said...

My mom is commenting on your page now? lol...