Saturday, June 27, 2009

Sooooooo glad this week is over. It wasn't a horrible week, there was just so much to do with open class and report card comments along with regular classes and lesson plans. Open class went really well I think. I only had to do one class. I had a really good group of kids, so I wasn't even worried about their behavior. I was just nervous about having all those parents watching me. Some of the kids were a little nervous so they were a lot quieter than usual and weren't volunteering to answer as many questions. It's amazing how much faster the lesson goes when you aren't wasting so much time trying to get them to be quiet and sit properly. Several of the teachers including myself found ourselves trying to drag things out to fill some extra time. They told me the parents enjoyed my class so I guess I'm not gonna get fired or anything. Some of the parents were surprised my voice could be so loud. haha:) Anyway, open classes were just for the morning kids, but we had 2 days of it. Half the kids went on a field trip to a traffic park (i dunno what that means) and the other half stayed for open class, then the next day they switched. I was supposed to get to go on the field trip, but then they changed their minds because they needed someone to help with the montessori class:( Thursday night all the teachers went out to dinner to celebrate open class success. Dinner was good, and afterward a few of us went to noraebang again. I'd been in this country i dunno how many months without ever going to noraebang, and now I somehow end up there almost every week. Last weekend we went there friday and saturday night. Some of Kristina's coworkers, Mike and Melinda, were celebrating their last weekend in Korea. They really like noraebang. Abby and I were gonna go to a movie friday, but we ended up at noraebang with them instead. Saturday, it was POURING rain, so we went to Bupyeong for some underground shopping. Then we had shabu shabu for dinner, went bowling, then more noraebang. Fun times.
I'm so excited cause today we're going to Seoul Land!!! I've been wanting to go there for a long time. We were gonna go last week, but it rained:( Today's supposed to be nice and hot though. Speaking of hot, my classroom and my apt are starting to get bad. This is gonna be a long summer.

4 comments:

Sherry said...

Love it!! Thanks for the blog, my girl. Would have loved to have been sitting with those parents.

Abby, where's my video????

Hope you have a great time in Seoul Land. I hear they have lots of roller coasters!

Katie Axelson said...

"Traffic Park" sounds really like a really dangerous fieldtrip...

debbie said...

hey jen, enjoyed your blog, im glad to see all your pictures you seem to be on a long vacation visiting so many fun places....im so jealous...miss you glad you and your mom had fun..love you aunt debbie...ha..

JazzyAbby said...

o... well... I'm not allowed to post videos of Jenn singing... Plus I took the video on her camera so she has control of it... I should do steal her computer and post it... I will work on it...