Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Bali: Part 3

Here we go again.
Friday we had another early start. We wanted to go to the safari place we had planned on going to on wed. We wanted to take the shuttle, but apparently you have to reserve your seat and it was full. We ended up getting a driver to take us. This place was so much better than any zoo I've ever been to. We got to pet a tiger, hold an orangutan, ride a camel, and feed and ride an elephant. It was so much fun:) We went back to the hotel after that where we got ready to go out for dinner and shopping. Shopping could be a little intimidating there. You walk into a store and the people are all over you trying to make you buy stuff. Then they give you a price that's way higher than you should have to pay. You could almost always get them down to half the price they originally asked for. I don't think I bought anything that night, but I helped barter with the people. That was fun.
Saturday was sad cause it was our last day:( We had to be out of our room by noon so we got up early to pack. Me and Abby finished, so we went out and did a little shopping. Checking out of the hotel took some time because Sarah had lost her wallet the night she arrived so she had called the US several times to get credit card stuff straightened out. They charged a lot for those phone calls, plus Kristina had to pay $80 for the toilet because she accidentally broke the lid when trying to save us from a cockroach. After that was all taken care of, we had lunch and then headed to the beach. Katie and Sarah went surfing, while Abby, Kristina, and I laid out and tried to get at least a little tan before going home. After a few hours at the beach, we went to do some more shopping. I bought a few dresses, some sandals, a wallet, and a few other things I don't even remember. Everything was so cheap. I kinda wish I had bought more. Bali has double stuffed oreos, so I really should have bought more of those than I did! haha:) We had our last dinner, then I think we did a little more shopping before going to the hotel where Justin and Sarah were staying since they were there a little longer. Me and Abby went out to stock up on oreos, but we were distracted by $5 manicures and pedicures so we never made it. When we finished there it was time to get our stuff and go to the airport:( Goodbye Bali! The flight home was long and uncomfortable. I didn't get much sleep at all. We got back to Korea around 11am sunday. I spent the rest of the day not really doing anything. In fact, most of my stuff is still in my suitcase. I'll get around to unpacking eventually. If you want to see pictures from my trip, check out facebook cause I don't really want to bother with putting them up here too.

1 comment:

Sherry said...

I posted a comment on here yesterday but for some reason it's not showing up today. Don't have a clue where it went. Now both will probably show up. Anyways... thanks for the triology. I'm glad you had a good time in Bali and you're safely back in Korea. Soon you'll be home!!!! YAY!!!! Hope you won't be bored.