Tuesday, August 25, 2009

I really am going to miss my kids a lot when I leave. Even the ones who drive me nuts. haha:) My birthday was yesterday. My parents sent flowers to me at school. They're beautiful! Thanks mommy and daddy! A lot of the kids gave me little cards and small gifts too. It was really sweet. I went to Outback for dinner with Kristina, Katie, and Abby. Abby got me an ice cream cake shaped like a little mushroom house. It was really cute:) Yummy too.
So the cave trip last weekend was a lot of fun. I'm really glad we went. We took the train late Friday night to the east side of Korea. It was a 6 hour train ride. This train had a little snack bar, computers, video games, massage chairs, and small noraebang rooms. We got off the train at 4:30 saturday morning. We were right by the beach. We had tofu soup for breakfast, then went to the beach to watch the sunrise. The water was really clear. We took a bus around to several places before going to the cave. We went to a fish auction/market. That was...interesting. We had a 40 minute hike to get to the cave. It was torturous. We were walking up super-steep hills, which later turned into lots and lots of stairs. We did get to see a nice waterfall along the way:) It was so nice to walk into the freezing cold cave when we finally got there. It was really big. There were quite a few stairs in there too, but its not as bad in the cold. Going back down the mountain was much faster. We got back on the bus, which took us to the train station and we had another 6 hour train ride back home. Like I said, it was a really fun trip and I'm glad I got to see the east side of Korea before I go home.

3 comments:

JazzyAbby said...

40 minute hike? I don't think so...

Jenn said...

thats how long it was supposed to take. how long do you think it took?

Sherry said...

Thanks for the blog! We need pics though. I want to see the flowers. You'll be home soon!!!!