Wednesday, September 9, 2009

I know I just posted, but I have more to say. haha:) Since my post earlier today, I have lost my voice yet again. This is like the 3rd or 4th time this year! I hate it! I think most of the kids feel sorry for me though so they're a little better behaved. I was asked several times if I had swine flu though.
Then in my last class today, we were talking about our favorite foods. I got a lot of the usual answers like pizza, spaghetti, and hamburgers. One girl said rice. Really, whose favorite food is rice? It has almost no taste. Another girl thought for a second and tried to ask her friend what the english word for kimchi was. They were shocked that I knew what kimchi was. I named a few other korean foods that I liked and that really impressed them. I've been here almost a year. How could I not know about kimchi? Its like they think I come to school to teach them every day and then at night I fly back home to America. I've had kids show me Korean money before like they thought I'd never seen it. haha, fun times:)
So I just asked again about my flight date, and I was told maybe Oct. 5th, so we'll see! Ok, thats all I had to say. Pray my voice comes back quickly!

1 comment:

Sherry said...

Keep talking, Baby Girl. I love it! Can't wait to have you home.