Monday, October 19, 2009

Ahhh! I can't believe I haven't posted since Japan! Ooops. I finished teaching last Friday. It was such a hard week for me saying goodbye to the kids:( I have a new roommate now too. She got here last thursday night. Her name is Amy. She's really nice. She observed classes all last week, and then she had her first full day of teaching today. I did get to go on a fun field trip last Wednesday to some traditional Korean place. All the kids were dressed in their hanbok. When we got there, they gave me and Joe hanbok to wear too. It wasn't like the hanbok I'd worn before. It was wedding hanbok. The sleeves were so long, I had no hands. Anyway, we played traditional games, made traditional toys and candy, then drank tea. It was fun.
Thursday was kinda hard. I had my last classes with my Tuesday/Thursday kids. I cried with some of the girls in my last class before they left. I've gotten really close to them. There's one boy in that class too. When I got home, I had an email from him saying he had cried a lot at home:( Friday was even harder. I said goodbye to all the morning kindergarten kids and a lot of them cried, especially the girls. I was crying again too:( It's so hard to think that I'm probably never going to see these kids again. I wish I could bring some of them back to America with me.
Anyway, Friday night Amy and I went and met Abby at R&B. We had dinner there and later met up with Joe and ended up at noraebang. It was a fun night. Saturday, Abby and I went to Myeong-dong. We went to Forever 21 and California Pizza Kitchen. Abby and I also explored the Hyehwa area. I'd been there once before and thought it looked cool, but it had been night time. We went during the day. Its like an artsy area. There are a few universities around there. We ate at an American diner called Platters. The burgers were pretty good, but the milkshakes were very disappointing. We walked to one of the universities, but we didnt find much exciting there. It has gotten cold here really fast. Its like it skipped fall and went straight to winter:( Today, my first weekday off, it was really hard to make myself leave the house. Its soooo windy. I'm trying to plan some fun things to do for my time off. Tomorrow I have kimchi-making class, so that should be interesting. I've made a list of some other places I would like to go too. I'll be going to Jeju this weekend with Adventure Korea. Not too much longer before I'll be coming home!

6 comments:

Amber said...

it skipped fall here too!! its SO COLD!!! ugh :( love you and cant wait to see you!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, are you coming through Yeosu to go to Jeju, or are you flying?

Jenn said...

I'm flying. You're pretty close to Jeju aren't you? Have you been there yet? Kinda wish I had gone when it was a little warmer...

Sherry said...

Love it! Now I want to hear about the kimchi class. Good thing you have plenty of time for writing blogs.

The Sanity Inspector said...

Dangit! Why do I always discover new K-blogs when they are almost at the end of their stints?

Jenn said...

haha well I do plan on coming back to Korea, hopefully shortly after Christmas!