Tuesday, March 9, 2010

It's March! Doesn't that mean it should be about time for spring weather?? It started snowing today, and while normally I would be excited for snow, I'm just ready for it to get warmer!
Besides the weather, things are going pretty well. Still adjusting to the new school. I like most of my classes. Some of them are a little crazy. They have me teaching some of the Korean kindergarten classes downstairs, which I don't like very much. There's a Korean teacher in there with me, but the classes are really big and the kids don't know hardly any english. I had to give almost all of them english names, which means they don't know or respond to their names at all, and I still dont know their names anyway. It was really hard to come up with so many names on the spot! I really still miss my ILS kids. I got an email from one of them today because I'm friends with her public school teacher and she had told her that I was back in Korea. It was sweet:)
So this weekend I went to see the Alice in Wonderland movie. It was really good. I went with Kristina, Abby, and Robin. Robin stayed with me for the weekend cause she's had some issues with her school. After the movie we went by The Park, a new foreigner bar in Bucheon, to see Rachel and then noraebang.
Saturday, Robin, Rachel, and I hung out and went shopping. Just e-mart and daiso for a few necessities. We went to see Rachel's apt, which turned out to be in the same building as Katie's old apt. It was kinda sad going there when she's gone.
Sunday I got my hair cut, met up with Abby for lunch, went to e-mart again... I swear I've been there like 10 times already. Rachel went with me to pick up the stuff I left with Amy. It was a good thing I had her with me, cause I had more stuff than I remembered leaving. That bus ride to Sosa made me so happy that I don't live there anymore. Standing on a crowded bus for half an hour with people constantly pushing you or falling into you is not my idea of fun. I cleaned my apt before Robin got here friday, but after shopping, getting stuff from amy's, and just having people here, it looks like it exploded! I'm soooo tired, I wish I could just go to bed now, but I have to clean. Sorry for a boring post! haha

2 comments:

Katie Axelson said...

Go clean... maybe that'll bring spring. Although, in my country we don't expect spring until late March or early April. :-)
Love ya,
<>< Katie
PS: I found those Guatemala dolls the very next day...

Jenn said...

haha in your country? i dont expect it to be like warm or anything, but snow?? they're calling for snow again tomorrow night!