Monday, March 22, 2010

Come on Korea, it's now officially spring...so the snow needs to stop! I looked out the window today when I walked into one of my classes and I thought it was raining...No teacher! Snow!
Saturday was fun weather too. It was yellow weather. According to Korea Times, it was the worst case of yellow dust ever recorded. The sky looked really angry. I stayed inside most of the day, but even through my frosted windows, I could see the yellow tint. Rachel and I ventured out later that evening, and I just felt like I shouldn't be outside. And I forgot my mask!
Abby, Kristina, and one of her coworkers, Ashley came to my apt that night for what was supposed to be a movie night, but unfortunately our dvd player had been blown up when plugged in without a converter... but it was still a fun night.
Sunday was a much nicer day. I wouldn't say it was warm, but it was sunny and not yellow. A group of us went to the OEM church in Seoul. We really enjoyed it. I wish it wasn't so far away. We met at the subway in bucheon at 2:30. We took the subway and then a bus to Seobingo. It took like an hour to get there, and we got out of church a little after 5:00.
We went to a foreigner market near Itaewon after church. It was cool to see all the stuff you could get there, but I had no desire to buy a $25 bunch of asparagus or a $10 box of cereal. If the poptarts had been a brand I had heard of, I might have been tempted...but I didn't buy anything. After looking around there, we went to the On The Border in Yeongdeungpo. That one is new, and much closer than the other ones. Yum! I just finished my leftovers tonight. (I love having a microwave this year) Anyway, it was close to midnight when I got home, which I hate doing on a Sunday. I really did not want to get up this morning, but I wasn't as tired as I thought I would be today.
Oh, I posted my address on here before, but someone left a comment that it probably wasn't very safe to do that...soooo if you want my address, just let me know and I can send you a message! I'm going to try to be better about mailing stuff back home this year myself...

1 comment:

Sherry said...

Another blog! I'm so proud of you that you keep us up to date. I also enjoyed reading the Korea Times. They even talked about Barack Obama and his tweets. Guess you figured out the microwave. Love you and miss you!!