Wednesday, June 3, 2009

I know its been forever! My friend Robin came to visit me last week so I've had zero free time. She got here sunday evening. I did my best to give her tips about traveling in Korea, subway, bus info, etc. I had to work, but she was really brave and went out sightseeing on her own. I dont think she got too lost. We did stuff together in the evenings, which was really fun, but also quite exhausting! Im not sure we got home before 11:00 at all that week. Monday night we attempted to find the 63 Building, but we gave up and went to Insadong to do a little shopping instead. Tuesday night a group of us got together to study korean cause we had a test saturday. We didnt actually get very much studying done. We went to TGI Fridays and then bowling. Wednesday we made a second attempt at the 63 Building...and we found it! Yay! There's a sea world thing and some other stuff in the building, but we just went to the observation thing at the top. The view was really good. Thursday night we went to Seoul Tower. We wanted to take the cable car to the top, but we had some difficulty finding the cable car thing. We hiked up and down this hill a couple of times before we ran into another foreigner who informed us that it was in fact up the hill. We just hadn't gone nearly far enough. You would think taking the cable car would be a way to get around hiking. Guess not. We eventually got there and got some good pictures. Friday night I wanted to take Robin for Korean bbq. We met Kristina, Abby, Katie, Michael, and Joe. Dinner was really good. After dinner we decided to get a lion ice cream cake from baskin robbins, then we moved the party to mcdonalds to study korean (sorry robin). Saturday morning I took Robin to the bus for the airport:( I went to Korean class where we had our test. We won't talk about that. It makes me a little angry. After class, we went to Bennigans for lunch cause we had free coupons. While we were eating Robin called and informed me that she was back at my apt because after getting to the airport, she found out that her flight wasn't until sunday. oops! haha;) i went back home and after resting a little, we went to bupyeong to meet abby, katie, and kristina. we went to a hookah bar that kristina had heard about then we went to meet michael and joe at rhythm and booze. sunday morning robin left again:( Abby, Kristina, and I went to Forever 21 later for some summer/bali shopping. Yeah, I'm going to Bali for my summer vacation! Im excited:)
More exciting news: MY MOMMY IS COMING TOMORROW! Yay!! I can't wait! She'll be here until next wednesday. I'm hoping the weather will be nice. We had a thunderstorm yesterday...the only thunderstorm i've seen in the 8 months i've been here! Its my 8 month anniversary by the way! Time has really flown by.
Lets see...what else is new? Everything's going good at school. One of my kids just came back from america. She brought me a keychain from Texas. The idea of one of my korean students giving me a souvenier from america made me laugh a little. I've never been to Texas though.
Its funny how kids I've been teaching for months will tell me like they've just noticed, "Teacher! Your eyes are blue!" Well today I was informed by one of my kids that my eyes are in fact purple. I tried telling them they were blue, but eventually just gave up and accepted it.
I'm sorry about there not being any pictures, but they're on facebook. I dont feel like going through the effort of posting them here too. I gotta go clean...cause MY MOMMY IS COMING!

2 comments:

Amber said...

8 months?!?! wow!!!! I am so glad you are having such a great time there. but I cant wait for you to come back. Big party when you come home :)

Mommy said...

I'm HERE! I still like reading your blog though. Ain't the internet great. (Sometimes) And the apartment is really clean.