Monday, June 22, 2009

k, I haven't done an ice cream post in a while, so of course I waited until I have tons of report card comments to write and stuff to do for open class (when the parents come sit in on class) to do this.
This first one is watermelon ice cream. I must say, I was not a fan. It would have been fine if they had left out the "seeds" I think. The seeds taste like little bits of chocolate-covered nuts, which didn't really go well with the fruity ice cream. Cute idea, but I think I actually threw most of this one away.

Next up is a coffee milkshake in a bag. I love these things! The only problem is many times you have to let it sit a while before it thaws enough to drink. The flavors I have seen are coffee, cookies and cream, vanilla, and strawberry.

Here is another favorite of mine. I think they come in other fruits, but the pineapple is the most common. The green part is a lid that comes off, and when you buy it, they give you a little wooden spoon at the counter. Inside is like hawaiian ice. So yummy and refreshing, especially on a hot day!

Alright, I guess I should get back to those report card comments:(

2 comments:

Sherry said...

Yeah, I had the watermelon one. It would have been fine without the seeds. I thought they tasted like peanut butter. And there were LOTS of them. The green part was actually the best. I ate as much of it as I could and threw the rest away. I never found a pineapple one :(.

Thanks for the blog! And we're praying for the open class. Love you!

Katie Axelson said...

In Costa Rica, I tried some chocolate ice cream in a bag, and I wanted to take a picture of it for you, but it was kinda messy... Think fudgcicle sans stick. It was really yummy, too, but hard to eat.
<>< Katie