Monday, June 15, 2009

I'm sad I dont have my mom or anyone here with me to do my blog for me anymore:( This is a lot of work...so COMMENT PEOPLE! Seriously, it makes me feel better. Anyway, where was I? My mommy left me on Wednesday:( I did get to go with her to the airport cause my school gave me the morning off. Abby went with us too cause she's cool like that. I was pretty dead after basically playing Korean tour guide for 2 weeks along with work. I'm getting really good at it though! Who's next? Haha:)
From what I recall, the rest of the school week was pretty uneventful...
Friday night was one of Kristina's coworkers birthday so a big group of us went out for Korean bbq and noraebang. Yes, I sang this time. I sang A Whole New World (from Aladin) with Abby! I also used a squat toilet for the very first time...and in more depressing news, I broke another watch:( It was my new Hello Kitty one! I have the worst luck with umbrellas and watches in this country! Oh well.
Saturday, Kristina and I were both craving Quiznos, so we made a trip to Itaewon. We were trying to figure out when the last time we'd had Quiznos was and it was like in January or February! I dunno how we went so long without it. After that, we met up with a friend of hers who was visiting her family in Korea and we went to Myeongdong to go shopping. Yay for Forever 21:)
Sunday I went to church, then we were gonna go to Costco, but after waiting forever for the bus that never came, Kristina talked us into going to see a scary movie that I would not recommend anyone else go see. It was called Drag Me to Hell. Doesn't sound very nice, does it? There weren't 4 seats together anywhere, so me and Abby ended up alone in the front screaming through the whole thing. I feel like I didn't even see half the movie cause I was holding the popcorn bucket in front of my face the whole time. So yeah, that was my weekend.
Today was an interesting day as well. We had our first fire drill at school. Fire drills must not be big here, cause none of the Korean teachers knew what they were doing. They thought it would be a good idea to run through the school screaming FIRE! and then line the kids up right outside the door of the "burning building." We did have a real fire truck though, so that was exciting. All the Korean teachers were taking pictures as we were escaping from the building. It was amusing. THEN, after taking pictures with the firefighters, they got the hose out and proceeded to spray it beside our school building. That was fun.

8 comments:

Sherry said...

I'm glad you rested this weekend like you planned. haha. Don't be blaming me cause you're tired.

Thanks for giving us another blog. I for one really, really enjoy them. You sang? I can't believe it. What did you drink? and that's a hard song to sing, isn't it?

Sherry said...

Also glad to know you only miss me because I'm not there to write a blog for you. :-(

Jenn said...

I was pretty much over being tired by Friday cause I was going to bed before 10 Wed and Thurs night, plus I got plenty of sleep Sat and Sun. Korea is my land of facing fears...needles, strange food, roller coasters, singing, etc. I dunno about it being a really hard song to sing, but I didn't say we sang it well... and I never said the ONLY reason I miss you is because you arent here to write my blog, but I'm not gonna lie, it was nice to not have to worry about it.

Sherry said...

I wanna hear you sing

JazzyAbby said...

She's a pretty good singer! Actually she sang a few songs but our song was the only song where she had to sing alone.. Well part of it anyways..

Sherry said...

she sang alone? what part? did you record it? it should be posted on facebook so i can watch.

Jenn said...

i was aladin and abby was jasmine so i sang aladin's part alone. sorry, as far as i know it was not recorded. you've heard me sing before though!

Sherry said...

the last time i heard you sing was when you were a little girl. i'm not sure that counts although i loved to hear you sing when you were little.

abby, if there's a next time, record it!