Monday, April 12, 2010

I was so excited to get an Easter package from my mom last week! I don't think a chocolate bunny has ever made me so happy (plus cadbury eggs, dove eggs, and oreos!) Thank you mommy!!! Last week was a fun week at school. I was sick and ended up losing my voice...never good for a teacher. It was report card week too, so that only added to the stress. Doing report cards for the first time at this school was a little confusing. We have to record the oral tests we do with the students and upload them when we do comments. It turned out mine were all in the wrong format so I had to figure out how to convert them along with figuring out how to do all my report cards on the slowest computer ever. On top of all that (sorry, just venting now), one of the korean teachers was sick so I ended up having to teach a class during my break time when I had planned on working on my report cards. Oh well, its done and over with now. Needless to say, I was very happy for the weekend to get here.
I went for Korean bbq with Kristina and Rachel Friday night. So yummy:) After dinner we went by The Park where we met up with Mario and Stephanie, two of my coworkers. We really wanted to find icy soju cocktails (Its really like drinking an icy!), but we failed. We found soju cocktails, but they were not icy:(
Saturday morning I got to see one of my kindergarten (now elementary school) classes from last year. I've been writing letters and emails back and forth with one of them. She just moved so she's actually at a new school, but she told me she was going to be meeting the rest of the class in Bucheon Saturday and she asked me to come. I was soooo excited to see them all! They are a really good group of kids. We met at Sopooong and had lunch. We got to run around outside a little and then one of the mom's asked if I would go with them to paint pottery at a European porcelain museum. The mom's gave me a really cute umbrella too:)
When I got back home, I met up with Abby and Kristina to go to yeongdeungpo for shopping and dinner at On The Border. Oh, we also went to a little stationary store Kristina found by Bucheon station. They had colored board markers....I don't mean just blue, black, and red. They had all the colors! For those of you not in Korea, that's the first time I've ever seen colored board markers here. I brought some with me from America, but I know they won't last long, so of course I bought them! Anyway, later we went to Dongdaemun for midnight shopping. I was soooo exhausted when we got home!
Sunday was a really nice day. It wasn't really sunny, but it was warm. I got to wear flip flops for the first time since I've been back! Abby, Kristina, and I went to a new ice cream place. It was more like frozen yogurt. They had one of those guys on stilts outside making balloon animals. He made me a flower:) Later we went to Bupyeong because I lost my camera charger and I had to get a new one. They didn't have one for my battery, so they gave me like a universal charger. It's kinda cool actually. We did a little more shopping and then came home to relax for what was left of the weekend.
And now it's monday. Oh, how I love mondays...haha

1 comment:

Katie Axelson said...

I'm sorry you were sick, but I'm glad you're feeling better and that you received an Easter basket. How fun!
It's been awhile since we've heard about any Korean ice cream.
<>< Katie