Tuesday, April 13, 2010

In America, sausage is pig...

Kids love to bring snacks for the teachers here. It's really sweet. One snack that I keep getting from my kids that I would prefer them not to share is this:

You can find them at the counter in any convenience store. They look like string cheese, but definitely are not string cheese... What is it? I would still like to know. The kids call it sausage, but when I ask if it is pork or pig, they think that's hilarious and say no. I told them that in merica, sausage is pig... I think there is some cheese in it, and one Korean guy called it mixed meat. I tried google and tons of these articles came up
http://www.engadget.com/2010/02/11/south-korean-iphone-users-turn-to-sausages-as-a-cold-weather-me/
Apparently the Korean snack sausage is not only a "delicious" snack, but it also functions as a handy iphone tool in the winter when it is too cold to take off your gloves.

3 comments:

Katie Axelson said...

Yucky!
<>< Katie

Tp said...

Did you ever figure out what it was? I could not stand that stuff.

Tp said...

Did you ever figure out what it was? I could not stand that stuff.