Sunday, November 9, 2008

random ramblings of my weekend

My blog seems to be turning into more of an update on my weekends. haha:) During the week everything's pretty much the same though. Some weeks the kids cry more, but other than that, pretty much the same.
Anyway, Friday after work the english dept of my school went out to dinner. We went to a nice buffet style restaurant that had both western and korean food. It was very good. I rode home in a taxi by myself for the first time. Taxis are pretty cheap here.
Oh, I also have a cell phone now...and a bank account! No money in it yet, but there should be monday. Yay:)
Saturday I went back to the mall at Yongsan station to meet a friend. The subway has become less scary and confusing, plus to get to yongsan from bucheon you can just take the subway straight there without having to transfer to a different line, so thats nice. We walked around for a while looking for a place to eat lunch and ended up in a fast food type restaurant. After that, we decided to go see a movie cause there's a movie theater in the mall. We stood there for a while not really knowing what to do cause there didn't really seem to be a line, just a mass of people, and they would randomly go up to the counter to buy their tickets. Then we noticed the numbers flashing above the counter. You have to get a number from a machine and when your number comes up, you go buy your ticket. It's the same at the banks here. We decided to see the James Bond movie. Another interesting thing about the movies in Korea is they give you assigned seats. They show you on the computer screen what seats are left and you pick where you want to sit. Pretty cool I guess. The movie was good (and in English with korean subtitles in case u were wondering). Other than the assigned seating, it was just like a movie theater back home. After the movie we walked around a little more. There was a concert outside so we got to see a little Korean rap, so that was interesting. That was pretty much it for Saturday.
Today I went back to that church. It takes me about 45 minutes to get there. I really like the church though. I signed up to go to a Thanksgiving meal that they are going to at the yongsan army base. Its not on Thanksgiving day, its the sunday before I think, but they're supposed to have turkey, ham, all the normal thanksgiving food.
Oh, and I don't think I said anything on here about the grocery store by my apt closing, but it did. I went by there right before Halloween to buy candy for the kids and it was closed...as in the building was still there, but the inside was destroyed. No signs that there had ever been a grocery store in there. It was just there one day and gone the next. I was sad:( Well, I was walking home today and I went by there and it was back! It was like it was never gone. No signs of construction anywhere! So I dunno what happened, but I went in and bought a toothbrush holder...

No comments: