Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Day 2

Second day of observing classes not really that different than yesterday. Everything went fine with that. I also managed to walk to school without getting lost. yay! I got to try kimchi for the first time today at lunch. It wasn't that bad actually. According to Michael it was one of the least strong kinds of kimchi though. Natalia helped me kinda figure out how to hold the chopsticks so i'm a little better at that. I went for my medical exam thing today. they did eye tests, including one to see if i was color blind which i found odd, height and weight, an x-ray, and yes they did stab me with a needle and they stole my blood:( I don't like needles...at all. its over though. that makes me happy inside. they whole thing was a really fast process. no waiting at all. after that we went back to the school where i got to observe more classes. the kids are all really sweet. they are really fascinated with my "yellow hair and blue eyes." after work michael went with me to try to find a place to eat that would be close to my apt. we kinda just picked a random place. the menu had no pictures or english so we kinda let the lady who served us pick something...turned out to be squid. she brought it out to us and started ripping it apart with her bare hands. it was very chewy and not really very good at all. oh well. when i got back to my apt i found some things that the director dropped off for me including a toaster, a rice cooker, and cleaning supplies! yay:) overall a pretty good day. oh, i bought some cereal last night. look! tony the tiger speaks korean!
and look what the box can do
ok that is all for now. night!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ew you had squid. thats nasty. i hope it was fried or something. i wonder what made the lady pick that. i really like the cereal box too its really cool. well i'm glad everything is going good. love you and sorry about the needle

Anonymous said...

I'm with Clint, yuck on that squid. At least you have Tony the Tiger cereal, great snack too! Love that box.I'm calling Memaw and Papaw now to tell them you ate squid, they want believe it!
love ya!