Monday, October 13, 2008

I had my first full day of teaching today. It went pretty well. I had 6 classes. One interesting thing that happened...one of my students gave me a potato. Half of a sweet potato actually. She just came in and handed it to me and then left. I found that rather strange, but I guess maybe it isn't? Another funny thing, remember that washing machine that I have in my bathtub? well the prongs on the plug for it are the normal round korean ones, but my apt has both outlets for the round prongs and the kind with vertical lines like we have in the US. the only problem is the only outlet in my bathroom is the kind with the vertical lines. so i had to get an adapter for my korean washing machine to use in my korean apt...and guess what...it still doesn't work. maybe i got it too wet. oh well, they're supposed to send somebody to look at it tomorrow. speaking of tomorrow, i get to go on a field trip! yay! not really sure where we're going, but it should be fun:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe that sweet potato is the Korean equivalent of an apple for the teacher. Joan's here and says "hello"