Wednesday, October 22, 2008

We found out not that long ago that not only will we be expected to work the saturday after halloween, but we will have to stay late halloween night to set up for the world fair on saturday. They have no idea how long it will take. This has caused some understandable anger among the teachers. I don't really care about it being halloween, but I like my weekends! I need my weekends:-( Oh well, enough about that. I tried a new Korean food called bibimbap. Michael and Natalia wanted to go out for lunch yesterday. we went to this little place nearby. we got the bibimbap, which was basically rice, vegetables, some sort of meat, and a raw egg. you're supposed to mix it all together. it's very good and cheap. I think I've decided tuesdays and thursdays are my favorite days for teaching. why? cause monday, wednesday, and friday i have that pre-k class. i think i've mentioned them before. i just really don't know how to teach them. monday was interesting cause there's this board in the room with different animals and colors on it so i was using it with them. all of the sudden one of them starts shouting at the other 2 and then they're all crying. i dunno what to do so i go get a korean teacher. apparently they were scared of the pictures of the bat and cat on the board so the one girl called the other 2 cowards. yeah...knowing korean would be helpful sometimes. oh, i can now say i have eaten cake with chopsticks. Monday was Michael's birthday so they got him a birthday cake. I thought it would be really hard to eat cake with chopsticks, but I think it was actually the easiest food I've eaten with them. It was funny though cause Janice, one of the older students (maybe 4th grade) came in so they offered her cake. She wanted a fork to eat her cake with. not fair! haha. well it's about past my brain functioning time so i will say goodnight!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what happened to my picky eater? raw egg? yuk!

Anonymous said...

Who are you? I can't beleive all the different food you are eating. It all sounds so exciting and I am so proud of you for learning how to fix the hot water, you go girl! Everything sounds great, glad you are having such a good experience. Keep looking for that Church, there has to be one somewhere!
Love you
Aunt Teresa