Wednesday, October 8, 2008

There's a washing machine in my bathtub and somebody used my toilet brush

today was a pretty good day. i think i'm getting more on track with my sleep, which is good. observing went well. i found out that i'm going to be teaching 2 classes tomorrow so that should be interesting. lets see...kimchi was a little more spicy today, but still not too bad. um after school michael took me to mcdonalds. yay for normal american food! then we went to homeplus, which is a pretty big store that seemed to have just about everything. they have these things like escalators except they're ramps instead of stairs so you can take your cart up and down them. the carts are really nice cause the wheels don't just move forward and backward. you can easily move the cart from side to side without turning it, which i thought was pretty amazing. i pretty much just bought some basic food... peanut butter, jelly(yay!), ramen noodles(no idea what flavor, but the picture looks relatively normal), pasta, fruit, etc. you have to pay for your bags if you want them too. its nice to know how to get to homeplus now. at least i think i do. i have to take the bus, but i know which one it is now so thats good.

ok, so you're probably wondering about my title for this post. well, elissa informed me today that my washing machine had been delivered and i was like ok thats great and i didn't really think about it til i got back home tonight. i walked in and i noticed my bathroom light was on and i was thinking thats odd cause i know i didn't leave that on. so i opened the door and there sits my new washing machine in my bathtub.

That just doesn't seem normal to me. Anyway, as i said in my last post, they delivered some stuff last night too. One thing they brought was a toilet brush. I had put the toilet brush in the bathroom, but I hadn't taken it out of the plastic it was wrapped in yet, but tonight i found it unwrapped. so yeah, that was my day. the end.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very interesting.... how do you take a shower/bath with the washing machine in the tub. :-)

Hey your mom told me yesterday that you can use skype. I have that loaded on my computer so if you want to chat just let me know.

Maybe I would have a different opinion of McDonalds if I was in Korea.... those golden arches would be good to see. But on this side of the world I have a hard time pulling into their parking lot.:-)

Anonymous said...

Jennnnnnn
this is the first time i figured out how to get on here..so i just caught myself up on everything! I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU...what an adventure! I LOVE U! know that we all are thinkin and prayin for u back home!!
cant wait to hear more!

xoxox
faye