Sunday, October 26, 2008

Well, I did it! I found a church:) Guess I'll back up a little first since my last post was wednesday. I'm not sure anything really significant happened on thursday...I think it rained. Friday they had a birthday party for the kids whose birthdays were in October. This is just the younger kids who come in the morning. There were 3 birthdays. Everybody went in this room and they sat the 3 kids in the front. They brought out 2 really good looking birthday cakes (teachers didn't get any cake). Then they had each kid walk around a circle for each year of their life and they showed a picture from when they were that age. It took a while even though there were only 3 of them and I think they were turning 5, 6, and 7. Then they got a present from the school (I think it was a photo album) and cards made by their classmates. Then it was their turn to hand out presents to their classmates. One of them gave out socks, one gave out a bag of snacks, and I dont remember what the other one gave. So that was about it. I guess they do that every month. Also, the pre-k kids ended up crying again. Apparently one of the girls is somewhat of a bully. She told another girl that she didn't want to play with her (in korean--i only know this cause i went and got the korean teacher again). I really don't like that class. hmm...what else...oh, I know this is completely random, but I was looking through a children's dictionary trying to find words that begin with "A" and I thought the definition for "ain't" was pretty amusing. It said something like "ain't is grammatically incorrect. it should not be used in writing and should only be used when speaking if you intend to be humorous." yeah, i know its completely random. ok, yesterday i didn't really do much of anything. nothing worth writing about, which brings us to today. I found an english church on facebook that's in bucheon, but its not very close to me at all. I decided to try and find it though. First I had to take the bus to the yeokgok subway station where I would take the subway to songnae station...my first subway ride alone. I managed to not get on the wrong one or get lost or anything. There was a creepy guy on the subway who started talking to me. I think he thought I was lost. Luckily he didn't get off at songnae. Anyway, from there I had to take another bus. The directions from the bus stop were a little confusing. I was supposed to be looking for some 8 storey building with an angry looking smiley face, but I couldn't find it. I guess I looked lost cause some guy asked if he could help me. He didn't seem creepy. He was really nice, but he wasn't having much luck finding it either. We kinda walked around in circles for a while and he kept asking people if they knew where it was. Finally, somebody did. I never did see the angry looking smiley face though... I was a little late (it started at 2:00 and I probably got there at 2:15), but they were still singing and people showed up after me. There were probably about 30 something people there. It was a good sermon and I met some really nice people. I'm really glad I found a church and I know how to get there now:) ok, well that's about all for now. goodnight!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, I am glad that you found a church, but DID YOU HAVE YOUR WHISTLE? The creepy guy thing scared me so make sure when you are out alone to have your whistle! Please!!
Hope you have a great week and that none of the kids cry this week!
love you,
Aunt Teresa

Anonymous said...

Jenn, I am so proud of you for riding buses and subways to places you have never been and in a foreign country you continue to amaze me keep it up!
Paula