Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Field Trip!

I got to go on a field trip today:) Yay! First, we went to the Bucheon World Intangible Cultural Heritage Expo. Basically, it was Korean culture stuff. I walked around with Eunice Teacher and a group of 5 kids. We got to play with clay and musical instruments and walk around and look at art and stuff. It was pretty interesting. After that we had lunch. I had my second experience with sushi. Can't say I'm really a big fan of it yet. The kids also brought a lot of their own food. Meals here seem to involve a lot of sharing. I don't think they know about germs. When you go to restaurants, you often eat off the same plates. Lunch was no different. The kids are constantly giving you their food. I got another sweet potato too. I thought it was strange at first when Eunice started going around stealing food from the kid's lunches, but I guess it's normal. After lunch, we walked around AiinsWorld, which is like a park with minature replicas of famous places around the world. A few of the places we saw: London, Paris, Russia, NY, Egypt, Mexico, Morocco. Here are a few pictures from today. More will be on facebook later.
I haven't really written anything on here about the random kids who like to come up to you to say hello. It happens quite frequently. At the mall, we had kids come up to us and ask us our names and where we were from. At first we thought they were selling candy (cause they had candy), but it turned out they were only doing their homework. I've had several kids say hello to me on my way home. When you say hello back, they usually giggle and walk away. Today there were kids EVERYWHERE. They were constantly coming up saying hello to me. It's quite amuzing really. They're just curious I guess.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the pictures! Sounds like a really fun day!

Katie Axelson said...

Please put one of those little girls in your suitcase and bring her home. (Just kidding... but only a little. :-))