Saturday, October 4, 2008

ok I'm gonna try this one more time. I had this whole thing typed up with pictures and everything and then it went away:-(

My first full day in Korea was good. Nothing too exciting. I'm mostly unpacked and organized now. 2 of the people from the school brought me groceries which was nice. I decided to walk around a little, but I didn't go too far cause I didn't want to get lost. I don't have the best sense of direction haha. By the way, I have not seen any other foreigners since I left the airport. I know they exist though cause there are 2 other American teachers at my school. Just haven't met them yet. Anyway, I only went in like one shop cause you couldn't really tell what the shops were with everything being in korean. Didn't find anything worth buying. I'm going to try again tomorrow though cause I really need to find some cleaning stuff for the bathroom. Speaking of the bathroom, check out this toilet seat:


It says Me & Grandma What A Team! Isn't it cute? I thought this was an interesting choice for a toilet seat anyway.
Here are some pictures of the view from my balcony:


And these are of the view outside my door:


ok now this isn't a great picture, but i wanted you to see the red glowing crosses that come out at night. they're everywhere! I find them a little creepy, but that's just my opinion...

ok that is all. good night:)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen,
I think the apartment is really cute and those city views you have are great. That would be high priced property here!
I'm so proud of your adventures.God is really opening awesome doors for you!
I think the crosses are a great sign too! That's cool!
Can't wait to read more!

Paula

Anonymous said...

I assume that's your toilet seat. Thank you so very, very much for posting and putting up more pictures. It makes us feel connected. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Is your door in a hallway or on a balcony?

Anonymous said...

I love you to death. You're my one precious sweet granddaughter and I do love you to death.

Anonymous said...

hey jen, love to read your blogs i am so proud of u. hope u had a great day? Nite? whatever time it is there. love you debbie

Anonymous said...

I saw a Mr. Pizza in the first picture outside your door.